|Bangkok | Chatuchak (Jatujak - JJ) Weekend Market|
To get there, hop on a BTS Skytrain and get down at Mo Chit station. Alternatively, board on MRT subway and get off at Kampheng Phet station.
Some tips for shopping at Chatuchak Market:
1. If possible, get a good map of Chatuchak Market. Nancy Chandlers's Map of Bangkok (refer to http://www.nancychandler.net/product.asp?pId=11) offers great tips to explore it. Even a local told me that he could hardly finish strolling the whole JJ Market in a weekend. Perhaps will take between 4 to 6 weekends.
2. Allocate at least 4 to 6 hours or a full day for this visit.
3. Once you have reached, identify the entrance or meeting point as this market is really huge - trust me, the stalls and corners look exactly the same. The only different is to look up for the Gate number plate. That will save you!
4. If you see something you love and reasonable price, just grab as you may not be coming back or seeing it again. Bargain if you wish.
5. For bargain hunters or if you are worried to be slaughtered, aim for the price tagged shops/stalls. You could be shocked with the price offered (though not all)!
6. Keep yourself hydrated. Put on hat and sun-block. It was really hot especially in the afternoon.
7. If you are particular about food or possess a relatively more sensitive tummy, please go to JJ Mall. Food court is available on level 2F and it opens daily from 9am-5pm. And at the same time, one may enjoy the cooler environment inside.
Happy hunting and Happy shopping!
Popular of Late
- Hi Theana, I heard this restaurant has moved to On... More...
- hi. are u guys halal? More...
By thena love her rumie
- My family love this place too More...
- That's true. Nowadays, the opportunity to experien... More...
- Hi Nicole, Thanks for dropping by. So far that I k... More...