|Bangkok Water Taxi (Canal Boat) | Khlong Saen Saeb Route - Fare - Operating Hours|
The most favorite khlong route among Bangkok backpackers are Khlong Saen Saeb that runs in the central of traffic congestion area. Operates from 05:30 through 20:30 hours, these long tailed boats ferry passengers from the designated piers along the khlong. Apart from the foul stench and pollution of canal's water, the pier or boarding jetty is usually within the walking distance to the landmark of Bangkok or places of attraction.
However, it is wise to pick up some simple Thai especially the name of your destination pier so that the boat operator could inform you the fare.
A simple line to ask for fare:
Pai Tha Phanfa, thaurai?
Go (to) Phanfa Pier, how much?
Run systematically upstream or downstream on Khlong Saen Saeb, the service of long-tailed boat starts at Tha Ramkhamhaeng which is the last stop/pier of upstream and ends at Tha Phanfa that is the last stop of downstream. The following provides some general guide for the pier to disembark and attractions/shopping malls nearby. You may grab a tuk-tuk or walk to these destinations.
* Tha Phanfa - Visiting The Golden Mount Temple (Wat Saket), KhaoSan Road, Giant Swing, Democracy Monument, Grand Palace & Wat Phra Kaew
* Tha Bo Bae - Shopping at Bo Bae clothing wholesalers market
* Tha Saphan Hua Chang - Shopping at Siam Square, Siam Paragon, Siam Discovery, MBK and visiting Jim Thompson's House
* Tha Pratunam (Interchange) - Shopping at Pratunam Market, Platinum Fashion Mall, Panthip IT Mall, Central World, Gaysorn and visiting Erawan Shrine
Check out the details here or refer to Google Map - Saen Saeb Canal Boat Piers.
The cost for the canal boat ride is between 10 Baht to 20 Baht depending on the distance of the journey. Not recommended for physically challenged individuals or adults that are traveling with infants or young children.
Popular of Late
- Hi Theana, I heard this restaurant has moved to On... More...
- hi. are u guys halal? More...
By thena love her rumie
- My family love this place too More...
- That's true. Nowadays, the opportunity to experien... More...
- Hi Nicole, Thanks for dropping by. So far that I k... More...