|Bangkok Landmark | Temple of Dawn - Wat Arun|
Standing tall on the west bank of Chao Phraya river, this is one of Bangkok's best known landmarks. It is located near Thonburi, just across the river from Bangkok's iconic Wat Phra Kaew and The Grand Palace. It can be easily accessible by boat or cheap cross-river ferries from Tha Tien (Tien Pier) which is about 10 minutes walk from The Grand Palace.
Wat Arun features five prang. There is one bigger, main prang in the center and four other smaller prang surrounding the main prang. Between the minor prang, there are four beautiful mondop, smaller towers placed at key points. The niches at the foot of each stairway contain images of Buddha in the four key events of his life: birth, meditation, preaching to his first five disciples and at death. The entire complex is guarded by mythical giants called yaksa, similar to those that protect the Wat Phra Kaew (at The Grand Palace).
Popular of Late
- Hi Theana, I heard this restaurant has moved to On... More...
- hi. are u guys halal? More...
By thena love her rumie
- My family love this place too More...
- That's true. Nowadays, the opportunity to experien... More...
- Hi Nicole, Thanks for dropping by. So far that I k... More...