|Penang Padang Brown | Seafood Popiah - Fresh Spring Roll|
|Tuesday, 18 May 2010 00:00|
Sometimes being referred as Fujian or Chaozhou-style Spring Roll, Popiah is originated from Fujian province in southern China. It is also called as runbing (潤餅) or baobing (薄饼) in Mandarin. In fact, Popiah is a Hokkien dialect that literally means 'thin wafer'. In China, Popiah is usually eaten in spring or during QingMing (Tomb Sweeping) festival when vegetables are growing in abundance. While in Malaysia, Singapore or Taiwan, Popiah is a popular snack or dish available all year round.
In Penang, Padang Brown Hawker Center at the intersection of Jalan Anson and Jalan Perak is one of the spots that offers Popiah with crab meats. Trust me, if you wish to try the Padang Seafood Popiah, make the order as soon as you arrive. Padang Seafood Popiah is known for a long wait list especially on the weekends or public holidays.
|Last Updated on Tuesday, 18 May 2010 13:58|
Popular of Late
- Hi Theana, I heard this restaurant has moved to On... More...
- hi. are u guys halal? More...
By thena love her rumie
- My family love this place too More...
- That's true. Nowadays, the opportunity to experien... More...
- Hi Nicole, Thanks for dropping by. So far that I k... More...