|Langkawi Must Experience | Cable Car & SkyBridge|
Langkawi Travel TipsIf adventure calls, Langkawi SkyCab and Sky Bridge is a must experience. A visit to Langkawi without stepping your foot on the ground of a UNESCO endorsed GeoPark heritage site means one has yet seen the best of Langkawi. is absolutely insane. Composed of 99 forested tropical isles, Langkawi offers 3 sites of impressive geological rock formations i.e. Kilim Karst Geoforest Park, Dayang Bunting Marble Geoforest Park and Machinchang Cambrian Geoforest Park.
On the first day upon arrival, weather was excellent. We rang up the office of Langkawi Cable Car and being informed that SkyBridge was opened for visitors. Yahoo! After grabbing lunch at the airport, we dropped our luggage at Federal Villa in Pantai Tengah. Then hit the road, cruising along coastal roads - Jalan Kuala Muda, Jalan Pantai Kok, followed by Jalan Teluk Yu and finally arrived at Oriental Village - the foothill of Langkawi Cable Car station.
Plenty of attractions are featured at foothill such as pony ride, paddle boat ride, massage, foods and shopping stuff, however not a single one that captivated our hearts as our mind was focusing on SkyBridge experience that we missed during our last visit. Hence, this time we had to make it by hook or by crook!
For myKad holders, you certainly have the edge to purchase the ticket at lower price. We paid for RM160 odds for 6 adults and 2 children so averagely we forked out about RM 20 per person. Beside the normal the cable car or fondly known as the gondola ride, it is now featured with glass bottom (crystal gondola) and VIP gondola (with nice seats & drinks served) as well. And of course, you have to pay more .
Sky Cab - Insider's Tips:If this is your first time, the following tips could be helpful:
1. There are 3 stations: Base station, Middle Station & Top Station. Base station is where Oriental Village is. Middle Station offers nothing much except a viewing platform. One may choose to alight. Otherwise, the gondola will take you directly to the top Station.
2. Toilets are only available at Base Station and Middle Station. Top Station bathroom facilities was under renovation.
3. No food/snacks are sold at Middle Station.
5. Don't miss the bird-eye view of the famous Seven Wells Waterfall (Air Terjun Telaga Tujuh) against the vast greenery.
6. SkyBridge is only accessible from Top Station. Ticket can be purchased before embarking into the woodland and SkyBridge is the final destination. SkyBridge provides a few places with glass bottom to see through the trees that made home on Gunung MatChincang. Extremely windy as this suspension bridge is nude, allowing breeze to hug anyone that walk on it. Watch on the kids closely. This place is not a playground, hence be safe!
7. To get the best 360 panoramic view, topless viewing deck at Top Station is a must visit! Ko Tarutoa National Park is just across the sea. The view on the summit is amazingly superb! On the south, one can locate Perdana Quay easily and as far as to Rebak Besar island!
Popular of Late
- Hi Theana, I heard this restaurant has moved to On... More...
- hi. are u guys halal? More...
By thena love her rumie
- My family love this place too More...
- That's true. Nowadays, the opportunity to experien... More...
- Hi Nicole, Thanks for dropping by. So far that I k... More...