|Visit Malaysia Ecotourism | FRIM Canopy Walkway|
FRIM Canopy Walk Located in Kepong Selangor, FRIM is famed for its awe Canopy Walkway that is hanging 30 meter from ground level. Aim to promote scientific study of flora and fauna, this famous walkway was initiated in 1990s. Suspending between trees, spanning over 150 meter combining mainly wooden planks, ropes, metal chains, and nets, the canopy walkway presents a freaky yet an enticing experience in addition to a panoramic view of the Bukit Lagong Forest Reserve and a steal of Kuala Lumpur from a distance.
Apart from canopy walk, there are aplenty of outdoor activities that one can enjoy on this piece of green land over a hundred hectares.
* Hike on nature trails as they wind through the lush plantations and timber trees. Rover Track, Keruing Trail, these are the popular ones. Notably Salleh Nature Trail is likely to offer a scenic view of the tree's canopy, as if they are pieces of jigsaw puzzles. So, make sure you do look up for it!
* Wetland area (Paya Burung) is a rich ecosystem and birds of various kinds can be spotted here. Coniferatum and Fruit Tree Arboretum are almost next to the wetland for a peek.
* Dipterocarp Arboretum offers an up close and personal view of the valuable timber trees. A collection of the oldest arboretum at FRIM as well as the center for botanical reference. While Non Dipterocarp Arboretum is just opposite of the road. If you were to ask me what's best to do here? Photography! This is one of the most picturesque spots to take wedding photographs, nothing beats an image of white bridal gown against the colors of earth and greenery.
* Perah Campsite sits adjacent to Dipterocarp Arboretum, offering a great place to unwind or go back to basics on weekends.
* Ethno-Botanic Garden features a home to medicinal plants that are traditionally used by local community including Tongkat Ali (Eurycoma longifolia) and Kacip Fatimah (Labisia pumila).
* Traditional Houses. Rumah Melaka and Rumah Terengganu are the collection of traditional Malay houses here, that were made from timber wood (Chengal) and without nails.
* Biking/Cycling - a popular spot for city folks to dwell with their bikes. FRIM has a dedicated cycling track.
Despite FRIM is a ground for trees and timber, they do have cafetaria and refreshment centers. We went for lunch at Kafe Kasah, near Picnic area. Besides beverages, food and dishes are of local variety, nothing much to boast but good enough until the next meal.
If you think of a huge green lung in Klang Valley or Kuala Lumpur for an outing, FRIM is certainly one of the best destinations. Admission and ticketing to Canopy walkway can be arranged at FRIM One Stop Centre at which is also The Visitor's Center. FRIM is open daily to public, admission is RM5 for a vehicle/driver and RM1 for each passenger. However, Canopy Walkway is opened only from 9:30 am through 2:30 pm daily, and closed on Mondays & Fridays. For more information, contact FRIM One Stop Service Centre at +60 3 62797592 or +60 3 62797649.
Direction on Google Map:
Popular of Late
- Hi Theana, I heard this restaurant has moved to On... More...
- hi. are u guys halal? More...
By thena love her rumie
- My family love this place too More...
- That's true. Nowadays, the opportunity to experien... More...
- Hi Nicole, Thanks for dropping by. So far that I k... More...